Search Engine Optimisation – where do you begin ?
Search Engine Optimisation is essential if we are to get our rankings , but for most of us this is the biggest challenge when starting online – I know, I struggled endlessly!
I have learnt a lot over the years, but recently I watched an excellent webinar hosted by Chris and Susan Beesley, where Adil Amarsi, an SEO expert went through the basics, sharing valuable information on how to get started .
Firstly, you buy your domain for your authority site, for example – yourname.com
e.g. barbara-blevins.com or a market focused domain
Then you install wordpress but what next?
Here are just a few of the “tips” he shared –
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Getting Started Tips
- Your first step is to research your market , so key word research is essential
- Try to use phrases such as “how to”, “learn to”, “learn how to”, “learn” etc
- Find the right market , don’t make the mistake of selling something that is purely of interest to you – you need to know “where people are buying”. A good example of a niche is Internet Marketing , the sub niche might be SEO , and authority blogging, the subject
- Your brand and reputation are so important -always make sure the product you are reviewing or promoting is of value !
- Install the basic plugins and services -again neccessary for your blog to help your “findability”
Search Engine Optimisation Plugins
There are thousands of plugins for wordpress , and before installing them it is important to do your research and check reviews .
Fortunately you don’t need a huge number, but here are some essential plugins that Adil does recommend –
All in One SEO or SEO Platinum
SEO Friendly Images
Contact Form 7
Pretty Link Lite
Google XML SiteMap Generator
I have a favourite plugin that is now widely used and recommended by leaders in the industry – Seopressor, and you can read more about it here !
Themes (for Search Engine Optimisation)
My theme is one that we use at Six Figure Mentors , created for our members, however, one that is highly recommended is Thesis. It is very important that you choose your theme carefully for your ‘authority site’.
Use video on your blog whenever possible– video has 70% higher conversion than text on your blog . Video gives you great content and authority on your blog.
Content is King for Search Engine Optimisation
As Adil said “Content is King, Emperor and Dictator”
- Make sure that what you write about is relevant, personal and in your niche! Susan recently wrote an excellent article on just this subject on Ezine Articles
- Post 3-5 articles (posts) a week
Here at the Six Figure Mentors, we teach you how to get ranked highly in the search engines using SEO strategy.
PS One tool I absolutely recommend that you use (and Adil also recommended) is SEO Pressor – and you can check it out here in my review.
Search Engine Optimisation is key to getting ranked quickly, and is easy when you know how !
To Your Success !